Ryan Levesque: The Power of “Screw It. Let’s Do It!”
What if I went “all in”?
What if I saw what I was really capable of?
What if I really gave it everything and truly made an impact in this world?
My guest on today’s show asked himself those questions from his hospital bed as he was recovering from a rare condition that nearly cost him his life.
He was 30.
It was a few months after the birth of his first son. And he knew he had to make some big changes…
Peek into my inbox
Check out how I built lasting win-win relationships with some of the most powerful editors in America
Fast forward to today…
Ryan Levesque is the #1 best-selling author of the book ‘Ask’ and two others. He’s the creator of 34 information and software products.
He’s a world renowned marketing expert known as “The Funnel Specialist”, the guy that companies quietly bring through the back door to go from good to great.
But here’s something that most people don’t realize…
For most of his life, fear ruled him.
Fear of taking chances. Fear of failing. Fear of going broke. Fear of change. Fear of going “all in”.
Identify the 20 most influential people in your existing network
(most likely to whip out their phone and send the intro of your dreams)
In Episode #9 of Deconstructing Success.you’re going to get the full story and so much more.
Some of the big things you’ll learn from Ryan in this “jam-packed with takeaways” interview are:
- Why “Screw It. Let’s Do It!” were the 5 most lucrative words of Ryan’s career.
- Discover the counterintuitive online formula to find out exactly what your customers want to buy.
- How simple productivity “hacks” tripled Ryan’s income (and changed his life).
- How to accomplish your biggest goals by “keeping the main thing the main thing”
- How to determine what your true “driving force” in life is through the Through Line exercise
- And so much more…
We’ll cover all of that (and so much more) in this exclusive interview with Ryan Levesque in Episode #9!
- Get it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
5 Big Questions I Ask Ryan in Our Interview:
- You’re a best-selling author, an Ivy league grad, world-renowned marketing expert making millions of dollars per year doing what you love. However, I’ve heard you say “My entire life has been ruled by fear.” Can you elaborate on what you meant?
- In 2012, your son Henry was born and shortly after you were in the ICU because your organs were shutting down and you were close to death at the age of 30. What happened and how did this change your life?
- As a result of your experiences, you made some big changes in your life that led to not only better health but also tripling your income. Can you walk us through what some of these “productivity hacks” were and the results from them?
- How do you decide what you are going to work on each day?
- I’ve often heard your referred to as “The Ask” guy and as someone who knows how to figure out exactly what people want (even when they don’t know themselves). Can you explain to my audience what the “The Ask Method” is and how you came up with it?
5 Big Things You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- How to control you fear of failure and develop the grit needed to fight through your biggest challenges.
- The #1 thing that drives you more than anything else in the world.
- The power of asking the “right questions” in business (and in life).
- How to identify the biggest “profit pools” in ANY market by accurately surveying your audience.
- A counterintuitive formula that will help you discover exactly what your customers want to buy, so you can take ANY business to the next level.
5 Fast Facts About Ryan:
- Ryan is an ex-Ivy League Neuroscience grad who went from $0 to $25,000 in 18 months in his first internet business.
- He has been cited as a marketing expert in countless media including CNBC, Yahoo Finance, The Miami Herald, The San Francisco Chronicle, Mass Market Retailer, and many others.
- As marketing & business coach, Ryan has generated over $37 million in additional revenue for his private clients since 2008.
- He is the creator of 34 information and software products – most famously the award-winning RocketMemory™ course system, and the Best-Selling SurveyFunnel™ Software (since sold).
- He is the #1 bestselling author of the book Ask.
Complete Show Notes:
- Ryan explains what he does for a living and how it’s constantly evolving. [04:19]
- Find out how Ryan has harnessed the power of fear to transform his life AND his business. [05:04]
- How a terrifying moment of regret pushed Ryan to quit his job, donate all his possessions, downsize to a tiny apartment, and start building the life of his dreams. [12:00]
- Find out what it REALLY takes to achieve success as an entrepreneur (HINT: It definitely didn’t happen overnight for Ryan!) [15:20]
- The near death experience that helped Ryan realize he’s got so much more to give and how it led to his “leave it all on the field” mindset. [20:26]
- How to identify your “Through Line” – the #1 thing that drives you more than anything else in your life. [25:14]
- Discover some of the productivity hacks that helped Ryan triple his income and why he’s been “coffee free” for 4 years and running! [29:28]
- The difference between a Visionary and an Integrator and how these roles play a major part in the growth of your business. [35:33]
- Why the need to hold onto things you’re good at is preventing you from achieving explosive growth for your company! [40:46]
- Learn the “Ask Method” and how it can help you discover what people want to buy before they do. (HINT: Don’t ask them what they DO want!) [45:50]
- How to identify the profit pools in ANY market by accurately surveying your audience. [53:11]
- Ryan reveals the 5 simple steps to the Ask Method [56:34]
- How to identify the single most important question to ask your audience. [58:09]
- Ryan shares the five most lucrative words of his career and the only 2 things you need as an entrepreneur! [01:00:53]
Links Mentioned in This Episode:
- Scaling Up [book/framework for scaling your business]
- Rocket Fuel [great business book mentioned]
- Ask Method [Ryan’s proven method for building a multi-million dollar companies]
- Ask [Ryan’s excellent book which you can get for free]
- Selena Soo [awesome PR + biz strategist]
- The “Throughline” exercise [by Victoria Labalme]
- Ask Method Masterclass [course mentioned]
- One Small Step Can Change Your Life [the book about the Kaizen that Ryan mentioned]
Learn More About Ryan:
One Last Thing…
If you enjoyed listening to this episode of my new podcast, then please support the show by leaving a subscribing on iTunes and leaving a review. It’s easy and takes about 30 seconds to do!